- The Harsh Truth About Progressive Cities–“These are America’s most progressive, forward-thinking, open-minded, and social-justice-focused cities. They also have the worst racial disparities in the nation and some of the worst racial segregation.” From Julia
- What English Sounds Like to Non-English Speakers–“Skwerl, a short film by Brian Fairbairn and Karl Eccleston, attempts to show the English language through the ears of non-English speakers. Throughout the film you can make out certain words you know, but the majority of the dialogue is incomprehensible.” From Critical Dragon1177
- Ig Nobellian Miller’s new use for 3D printing: Women’s penis size recall–“Studies of women’s penis size preferences typically have relied on their abstract ratings or selecting amongst 2D, flaccid images. This study used haptic stimuli to allow assessment of women’s size recall accuracy for the first time, as well as examine their preferences for erect penis sizes in different relationship contexts.”
- God Agrees Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Is A-Hole, Sends Her To Jail–“Poor criming-while-white bigot and hell-bound harlot Kim Davis, her day of reckoning has come, her god has forsaken her, and off to the pokey she goes.”
- 15+ Mind-Bending Photos That Seem Fake But Are Actually Real–It’s Friday, so go waste some time on these cool photos. I’m not sure whether the no Photoshop claim is true, but it doesn’t make them any less useful for serious procrastination purposes.
And for Cute Animal Friday, Ray Greek sent us this link to a video showing a seal getting its tummy rubbed. Also: This bulldog turtles up when forced to wear a life vest.