Quickies: GMO-free Water, the Way Women Talk, and the Sweet Cakes Lawsuit
- Key & Peele’s Pirate Chantey Is the Feminist Anthem of the Summer – “We’d say ‘YO HO,’ but we don’t say ‘ho,’ ‘cause ‘ho’ is disrespectful, yo!”
- Reddit Is Not the Front Page of the Internet – “It’s the front page of the Internet for young men. That’s it. That’s all it ever was. And every statistic backs it up.” As a regular user of reddit, I concur.
- In The Writer’s Room, One Woman Quietly Makes Late Night History – All about Robin Thede, the black woman who is the head writer for the Nightly Show.
- You can now buy GMO-free Water in the U.S.A – And it’s gluten-free too. Thank goodness. Don’t be alarmed by its black color though, that’s all natural. (BTW if anyone watches Real Housewives of New Jersey, of course you already know this is BLK water, which I have tasted and it’s very weird.)
- Can We Just, Like, Get Over the Way Women Talk? – “It quickly became apparent that if we were to take the advice of all of our detractors — carefully enunciating, limiting our likes, moderating our tone to avoid vocal fry — our podcast would sound very different. It would be stripped of its cadence and its meaning; it would lose the casual, friendly tone we wanted it to have and its special feeling of intimacy. It wouldn’t be ours anymore.”
- In Harper Lee’s ‘Go Set a Watchman,’ a less noble Atticus Finch – The article is full of spoilers on the new book, so beware.
- Sweet Cakes by Melissa Didn’t Just Deny a Lesbian Couple Service, They Also Doxxed Them and Their Kids – “The Bowman-Cryers weren’t awarded $135,000 only for the pain and suffering they experienced as a result of being refused service based on their sexual orientation but also as a result of the Kleins’ decision to dox them and then go on national media across the country.” And the Bowman-Cryers nearly got their foster kids taken away because of the harassment they received too.
- This woman had the best response when a Tinder date said she was too fat to love – This story was very satisfying. That’s really all I can say.