Quickies: Sexual assault resistance, Lindy West, and the myth of the cat lady
- Sexual assault resistance training works – “What this shows us is that, while we wait for effective programs for men or for cultural shifts in attitudes to happen, there is something practical we can do to give young women the tools they need to better protect themselves from sexual assault.” From Ray.
- The legendary adventures of a fearless gamer girl – “Women know better than anyone that video games aren’t a pure art form; developers and designers work in a business in which the market (and its stereotypes) dictate what games look like. If society says women don’t (or won’t) play, then games featuring women don’t get made.”
- How Lindy West became the ultimate Internet troll slayer – “West’s combination of cutting humor and bottomless intellect make her both one of the most fascinating content creators on the Internet and a target for those who dwell in the web’s dark corners.”
- Stop trying to debunk the “cat lady” myth – The author just attended the first ever CatCon.
- Cute Animal Friday! 7 new species of tiny frogs found in Brazil. From Heliconia, baby wolverine triplets!
You must log in to post a comment.