Quickies: Drug Testing, Vintage Female Health Products, and Exploiting Poor People for Entertainment
- Girls Rule in an Indian Village – Check out these gorgeous photos of a rare matriarchal society, the Khasi people. From Donna.
- The Pointlessness of the Workplace Drug Test – “Cup-peeing and mouth-swabbing are Reagan-era relics that frequently do little more than boosting the revenues of companies that analyze samples.”
- Puzzle Theory – An in-depth look at a microwave oven manual (a parody of the process of over-analysis, e.g. the movie Room 237). From Rebecca.
- 11 Female Health Products from the 1908 Sears Catalog – As they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
- Television’s Long History of Humiliating Poor People – ” ‘The Briefcase’ and ‘Britain’s Hardest Grafter’ enter the annals of Misery TV.”
You must log in to post a comment.