Quickies: Atheist leaders, woman to appear on US $10 bill, and photos of girls working on cars
- 8 awesome atheist leaders who aren’t Richard Dawkins or Sam Harris – “There’s this pattern with media coverage of organized atheism. When a media outlet decides that atheism is interesting and important, they all too often turn to Dawkins or Harris. Then, when Dawkins or Harris puts their foot in their mouth — again — the reporter cries out, “Atheism needs better leadership! Why doesn’t atheism have better leaders?””
- Chinese medicine’s mention in free trade deal “a tragedy for Australian science” – From Jack99.
- Woman to appear on $10 bill, treasury announces – “A woman will soon feature on US bank notes for the first time in 150 years after a successful campaign to celebrate the centenary of female suffrage. But the surprise decision comes with a catch: whoever is chosen will have to share the honour with a man.”
- Why are all “girls working on cars” photos so freaking terrible? – From Mark.
- Cute Animal Friday! This baby tamarin is working on growing its moustache.