Quickies: LGBT scouts, faith healing, and artistic insects
- Boy Scouts’ chief says ban on gay adults is unsustainable – In the same week as the Girl Scouts officially welcome trans girls as scouts.
- Faith healing kills children – “If your faith mandates spiritual healing and your child dies because you offer prayer instead of insulin or antibiotics, your chances of being charged with a crime are slim. There are religious exemptions for child neglect and abuse, negligent homicide, involuntary manslaughter.” From Criticaldragon1177.
- Sexual assault is an epidemic, only the most committed apologist can deny it – “The study found that 15% of freshmen women reported in surveys a rape or attempted rape while incapacitated, while 9% reported a “forcible rape” or an attempt. Overall, 18.6% of women – taking into account some overlap – told researchers that they’d either been raped or had experienced an attempted rape by the end of their freshmen years.”
- These insects decorate their butts with waxy sculptures – “Some look like they have sparklers in their butt; others look like an experiment with dreadlocks got a bit out of control. Why in the world would insects put wax on, but not wax off?”
- Cute Animal Friday! This adorable hoodie comes with a pouch for your pet. And from Ray, an amazing video of giant rays.
Featured image by Ken-ichi Ueda.
You must log in to post a comment.