All of your favorite Skepchick, Mad Art Lab, Grounded Parents and Queereka writers will be there including Rebecca Watson, Amy Davis Roth, Ashley Hamer, Anne Sauer, Julia Burke, Emily Finke, Olivia James, Kavin Senapathy, Cassandra Phoenix, Nicole Gugliucci, Jamie Bernstein, Melanie Mallon, Emily Sexton, Jenny Splitter, Topher Hunter, Erich Bacher, Brianne Bilyeu, Benny Vimes, Ryan Consell, and Lou Doench.
The official Chi-Fi schedule isn’t posted yet, but our Skepchick panel schedule is already set. Unless it says otherwise all panels will be in the Skepchick room D-Clark 5.
Friday March 20, 2015
- 8:30 am Giving Proof
- 10:00 am Why Skeptics Need Philosophy
- 11:30 am Contagions
- 1:00 Being a Good Ally
- 2:30 The Science of Orphan Black
- 4:00 Mental Health Myths
- 5:30 Human Augmentics
- 8:30 Skepticism 101 with the Skepchicks
- 10:00 Demystifying Kink
Saturday March 21, 2015
- 8:30 am Anyone Can Do Science
- 10:00 am Nature is Trying to Kill You
- 11:30 am (A-Adams Main Stage): The Battle for the Future of Video Games
- 11:30 am Ask a Scientist
- 1:00 Star Trek: The Skeptical Paradox
- 2:30 Food Fright
- 4:00 How to Survive as an Outspoken Woman Online
- 5:30 The Science of Stargate
- 7:00 The Science of the Apocalypse
- 8:30 You Got Art In My Science with Mad Art Lab
- 10:00 The Science of Sexual Fluidity
Sunday March 22, 20
- 8:30 am Evaluating Parenting Information with Grounded Parents
- 10:00 am Communicating Skepticism
- 11:30 am Science versus the Humanities
- 1:00 Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence
On Friday and Saturday evening we will be running the Skepchick Space Lab party room, so don’t forget to stop by and drink a Buzzed Aldrin with us!
On Sunday afternoon just after the end of Chi-Fi Rebecca will be hosting her famous Quizotron with panelists Peter Sagal, Paul & Storm (schedule permitting), Steve Gadlin, Brian Babylon and Lucianne Walkowicz. Even if you are coming to Chi-Fi you need to buy separate tickets to attend Quizotron.
If you register for Chi-Fi before Monday March 16 at 9am, you can use the code “rational” at checkout to get $15 off a weekend pass.
If you’re going to be joining us at Chi-Fi don’t forget to join our facebook group. We’ll be updating the group with Skepchick-specific information between now and Chi-Fi.