Quickies: Abortion doctors, speculum design, and Tasmanian devils
- US abortion doctors speak out – “Curtis and Glenna Boyd have worked in US abortion clinics ever since Roe v Wade made the practice legal in 1973. Forty years on, restricted rights mean they have to practise under FBI protection.”
- Why no one can design a better speculum – “Greater chance of pinching” is not a descriptor that should ever be applied to a medical device, period.
- Tasmanian devils come back from the brink – “A remarkable research and breeding program to save the critically endangered Tasmanian devil has been hailed as a “staggering success” with new signs that the much-loved marsupial is no longer on the brink of extinction.”
- Awesome LEGO instructions from 1974 – Girls love building, too! From Criticaldragon1177.
I’m concentrating on the good news stories today.
1) <trademarkviolation>LEGOs</trademarkviolation> are awesome, especially when marketed inclusively.
2) As I sit here wearing my authentic, glow-in-the-dark Tasmanian Devil “Bite me” shirt (a gift from my Tasmanian sister-in-law, I think it was a fund-raiser for the devils), YIPPEE!
You must log in to post a comment.