Quickies: Face mites, megadroughts, and exoplanets
- You’ve got face mites – A great article by Bug Girl including a face mite gif and a photo of a face mite penis.
- Australian federal ministers urged to boycott bigoted World Congress of Families conference – One of the speakers will be a doctor who says that abortion is linked to breast cancer. From Jack99.
- US Southwest could soon experience decades-long “megadroughts” – From Criticaldragon1177.
- The closest known explanet? Maybe – “The interesting bit is that its host star, Gl 15A, is a mere 11.7 light years from Earth. It’s one of the 20 closest stellar systems known, making GL 15Ab quite possibly the closest known exoplanet!”
- Cute Animal Friday! From Donnie, saving Borneo’s sun bears. Did you know that wolf yawns are contagious?
Featured image from the Meet Your Mites site
Glad you decided to post the story I found on the potential mega droughts in the southwest. People need to know. Even if we can’t stop it, we need to prepare.
If only all those people out there denying that our actions are effecting the climate, had stopped and actually helped us solve the problem instead. Maybe than we wouldn’t be facing this terrifying prospect in the future.
11.7 light years? pffft Pluto is a way closer EXplanet then that :P (you missed an o I think)
Good point, she should have correct that.
Update on the “World Congress of Families”
Federal Minister Kevin Andrews withdrew under pressure from the rest of the Senate
Catch The Fire Ministries is now hosting the event (famous for blaming bushfires on abortion laws)
There have been protests and arrests
TL;DR Andrews, Abetz, Bernardi et al were caught, right up to their necks in it. Domestic politics in Oz right now is a disaster for the conservatives. A distraction is needed.
The sooner we can start fthe business in Iraq the better as far as the PM is concerned.
You must log in to post a comment.