- Stop Using Quantum Mechanics as Evidence for Magic – “Quantum mechanics is a beautiful and still-controversial idea. It is rightly popular. What’s not right is the way people use it to justify any reality-bending idea in their novels, their TV shows, or their personal philosophies. ‘Quantum’ does not mean anything you want.” From cerberus40.
- Close Encounters Of The Radio Kind? Mystery Bursts Baffle Astronomers – “Astronomers have a mystery on their hands. Two large radio telescopes, on opposite sides of the planet, have detected very brief, very powerful bursts of radio waves.” Hopefully it’s not the extraterrestrial version of spam.
- Twitter Chat: Remembering The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment – This chat is happening today, Monday, so check it out! From Rebecca.
- You Must Stop Saying You Love ‘The Gays’ – “Let’s get one thing straight right from the beginning. You don’t love ‘The Gays’ and neither do I. And that’s okay. Really, you can stop saying it now.” This essay is brilliant and you need to read it–not that you don’t already know why saying “The Gays” is problematic.
- confused cats against feminism – “because they have no idea what feminism is. they’re cats.”
BONUS: “Guy Walks Into a Bar” (The greatest version of the “12-inch pianist” joke that you’ve ever heard.)