I’m going to start today with a quote from Carl Sagan, who said, “I can remember one occasion, taking a shower with my wife while high, in which I had an idea on the origins and invalidities of racism in terms of Gaussian distribution curves. It was a point obvious in a way, but rarely talked about. I drew the curves in soap on the shower wall, and went to write the idea down.” Preach!
- What Life Is Like When Getting Your Period Means You Are Shunned – Stories from women in India and Nepal about the stigma associated with menstruating and the work that is being done to make life easier for them. This is a long read, but very compelling.
- In Rare Case, Woman With H.I.V. Infects Female Sex Partner, C.D.C. Says – It’s rare, but it happens, so stay safe! From Will.
- Sexist culture and harassment drives GitHub’s first female developer to quit – About her decision to quit, Julie Horvath wrote, “I regret defending GitHub’s culture to feminists for the last two years. I’m sorry to everyone I’ve hurt in doing so.” From Julia.
- Pointlessly Gendered Products – Wait, you mean girls and boys aren’t supposed to eat different types of eggs?
- Haunted Winchester Mystery House to Allow Overnight Stays (and Booze)! – Sweet. Road trip!