On March 19, 1962, Bob Dylan released his first album, Bob Dylan. I haven’t listened to a lot of his music, but my favorite mainstream Dylan hit is definitely “Lay, Lady, Lay.” Post your favorite Dylan suggestions in the comments!
- Fred Phelps Excommunicated After Internal Power Struggle at Westboro – Apparently, his mistake was advocating that church members treat each other with more kindness (although who knows what that really means). From Will.
- Anti-Flu Drugs Saved Lives During 2009 Pandemic – “The study is another in a line that shows these drugs do, indeed, benefit people who get sick with the flu — at least adults. Findings for children were not definitive.”
- Star Trek Actually Got Tractor Beams Right – Sweet, now if only they can figure out transporters. From Andy.
- Young People Are Falling Into A Health Insurance Subsidy Gap – I can imagine this is especially a problem for young people starting those student loan payments too.
- A Forgotten Scandal in Baltimore’s High Society – “Crooked lawyers sprang inmates from an asylum to make them slaves.” This is not a light-hearted read, but unfortunately, the past is full of tragedies like this.
- Don’t Tell Ruth Ginsburg to Retire – “This Supreme Court justice will leave the bench when she’s ready, regardless of what others think.” GO RBG!!