The Girl Guides, now known as the Girl Scouts, were founded on March 12, 1912. I used to be a Girl Scout but I was never that into it, maybe because my troop never did anything cool (even though overall I think the Girl Scouts is a great organization).
- People—Including Cops—See Black Kids as Less Innocent and Less Young Than White Kids – What a sad state of affairs.
- The World’s Greatest Feminist Fishmonger – “It’s refreshing to remember that some of America’s oldest institutions embrace change—make room for women and racial and ethnic diversity—more willingly and with more alacrity than, say, the modern G.O.P., or the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. It’s even more refreshing when those institutions happen also to sell delicious pickled herring in cream sauce.”
- The Gudjonsson test can discover how suggestible you are – Insert your Star Wars joke here.
- An Ode to Mad Men’s Peggy Olson: TV’s Most Relatable Feminist – “A New York Magazine profile on Elisabeth Moss reminds us why Peggy Olson is TV’s most relatable feminist.”
- Every Known Galaxy in the Universe, As Seen From a Spaceship – Are you suffering from some post-Cosmos withdrawal?