On December 6, 1865, the 13th Amendmendment to the US Constitution was ratified, which banned slavery.
- The Internet’s Cicada: A Mystery Without An Answer – Oh, I love puzzles!
- Leader of ill-fated Antarctic expedition, Professor Chris Turney, defends voyage – What do you think of this saga? From Jack99.
- 12 Real Parasites That Control the Lives of Their Hosts – This is an old article, but I hadn’t read it yet. It includes lots of colorful pics!
- Why Marketers Fear The Female Geek – A decent analysis of the industry, with lots of examples. From tedsdead.
- Can Physicists Find Time Travelers on Facebook? – Points for creativity!
- Bill Nye the Science Guy to debate evolution with creationist – Also related, this link: Bill Nye Is Making a Mistake. Both are from Buzz Parsec.
- King Tut’s penis may help penetrate the mystery of his death – I certainly thought it was an interesting theory.