- NY Post wants to know: What’s with all the ladies at the Golden Globes? – Because we all know ladies can’t do funny, right? From Bjornar.
- What kind of armor did medieval women really wear? – From Criticaldragon1177.
- Nature on LBGTQ researchers – “Welcoming lab environments and networking organizations help lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender scientists to excel.” From Stephan.
- Time cover pushes sexist “women’s success crushes men” metaphor – “There will no doubt be endlessly quibbling over the meaning of this image, but let’s be honest: It’s a direct, highly gendered provocation that strongly implies that electing Hillary Clinton would somehow be a tragic thing for men, and even some how “end” men the way the man in the image is about to be ended through stomping.”
- Cute Animal Friday! A new-to-me cutie from Michael, a bush dog puppy which looks like a tiny adorable bear! Check out the teeth on these baby moray eels.
Also! Fresh off the presses today is the latest episode of Read It And Weep, which I was lucky enough to be a guest on. I got to watch the 1971 movie Billy Jack, which features a whole lot of cultural appropriation, racists, and hippies.