On January 15, 1559, Elizabeth I was crowned the Queen of England. I’ve said it before: I love reading about the history of the English Royals. (I recommend this book, it makes for great airplane reading.)
- No, but in all seriousness… – Logical fallacies that regularly appear in commenting threads. From Bug Girl.
- Kids These Days: A 1950s Guide to Hooking Up – Ha, I love these old films. Don’t get caught up in all that “heavy petting,” now!
- From ancient fish, insight into origin of limbs – More about Tiktaalik, whom you may remember from Your Inner Fish. From Buzz Parsec.
- No One’s Job: West Virginia’s Forbidden Waters – More about the WV chemical spill crisis, from the New Yorker.
- The Very, Very Thin Wedge of Denial – Phil Plait’s article about how climate change deniers don’t publish papers in scientific journals.