On December 9, 1965. the Kecksburg UFO Incident occurred, in which an object streaked through the sky and allegedly left debris behind. According to NASA, the “UFO” was a Russian satellite burning up in the atmosphere. It’s a pretty interesting read–check it out if you have a few minutes!
- 100 Million Reasons to Love Vaccines – A good article to forward to “that friend on your facebook page.” From CriticalDragon1177.
- The Astronomical Hijinks of the Shortest Day of the Year – Are there any solstice celebrators out there in the audience?
- Passing for white and straight: How my looks hide my identity.
- Ms. Male Character – Tropes vs Women in Video Games – Another Anita Sarkeesian video! From Petr.
- God Blessed America – “What happened when Irving Berlin pissed off Woody Guthrie.” This is one of my favorite songs–especially the bonus protest lyrics that nobody really sings anymore.