Skepchick Quickies 12.4
Happy birthday to Alfred Hershey! Born on December 4, 1908, Alfred was most known for his work with bacteriophages and won a Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his work with viral replication and the genetic structure of viruses.
- Deformed Freak Born Without Penis – A moment of funny, brought to you by The Onion. (On a more serious note, TW for people with body dismorphia.) From Moniqa.
- 7 Mind-Blowing Chemical Reactions You Won’t Believe Are Real – These are classic, but still fun to read about.
- Are You Smart Enough to Be a Citizen? Take Our Quiz – I passed! Citizenship attained!
- Catholic hospitals’ grim hypocrisy: Letting women suffer in the name of “life” – Pro-lifers are only pro-life until you’re born.
- 13 Times The Reagan White House Press Briefing Erupted With Laughter Over AIDS – I want to make a joke, but this is just pathetic. From mrmisconception.
- Exploring The Invisible Universe That Lives On Us — And In Us – Gut bacteria! One of my favorite topics.
A friend pointed out that a trigger warning for body dysphoria may be needed on the ‘deformed freak’ link. It hit pretty hard.
Good point! I added one.
That’s one of the few instances when I didn’t really think the Onion was funny.
“Deformed Freak” article hit the Literally Unbelievable blog. Too Perfect. http://literallyunbelievable.org/post/68978087249/i-feel-so-bad-for-the-man
You must log in to post a comment.