On November 20, 1985, Windows 1.0 was released. It was criticized for many things, especially for encouraging use of the mouse over the keyboard. (Personally, I use a trackball.)
- Special Report: Human Trafficking – An investigative journalism piece on prostitution (focused on Massachusetts).
- 1 Gun, 2 Batteries, 3 Balaclavas: What Was in Soviet Cosmonauts’ Survival Kits – At first, I confused “Balaclava” with “Balalaika.” And I was like, I guess if they get lost in space they want some music to occupy their time? It was an interesting moment in my head.
- My abstinence-only education – I was riveted reading about this young woman’s story of finally finding out what “sex” was, at the age of 17 (no thanks to her “educators”).
- New at the Nursery: Tomato + Potato = TomTato – This is not a potato that tastes like a tomato, as I had originally pictured.
- Performing his son’s same-sex wedding could cost a minister his church – Looks like another church is wrong about something.
- How the Media Would Have Covered the Gettysburg Address – Ha, so true!
- It Wasn’t Bigotry Back Then: The Unsettling Message of Masters of Sex – I haven’t seen this show yet, have any of you?
BONUS: Can You Guess Famous Seinfeld Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame? (I’ve watched waaay too much TV.)