On October 9, 1604, the most recent supernova in the Milky Way was observed (and aptly named “Supernova 1604”).
- This mom with a rare form of cancer can’t get treatment she needs due to government shutdown – I hope she will be able to continue her treatment before it’s too late. From CriticalDragon1177.
- The 9 nerdiest criticisms of sci-fi TV and film – “Neil de Grasse Tyson’s “Gravity” tweets are only the beginning.”
- Study: Using Rituals to Push Away Bad Luck Is Effective – I have not read this study–what do you think?
- How to reduce the gender gap in one (relatively) easy step – This is different from that “one weird trick,” btw. From Amy.
- Castoffs and leftovers: The mixed benefits of working for a white family – “When my mom became a nanny for white children, I learned what proximity to privilege gives, and what it takes away.”