Skepchick Quickies 10.7
On October 7, 1916, Georgia Tech beat Cumberland College in a football game. I’m not even a sports fan, so I wouldn’t have mentioned that, except the score was a stunning 222-0. (The background story was pretty interesting, actually.)
- Bras in Space: The Incredible True Story Behind Upcoming Film Spacesuit – The interesting history behind spacesuit design. From Michael.
- When Anarchy Ruled the Funny Pages: A new, large-format book captures the dawn of comics, when the medium had no rules and its messages were surprisingly irreverent – Aw man, this is so much cooler than “Garfield” (although not “Garfield Minus Garfield“).
- OkCupid’s “Fat” and “Ugly” Filter Won’t Help You Meet Your Match – Hm, if only there were a way to filter out people who want to use the offending filters. From Moniqa.
- Texas fundamentalists want to teach Garden of Eden in science class – And as we all know, whatever affects Texas schools ends up influencing textbooks for classrooms across the nation.
- My embarrassing picture went viral – “When strangers mocked me for my weight, it was a lesson in Internet cruelty, mean girls–and fighting back.”
You must log in to post a comment.