On October 28, 1893, Tchaikovsky’s Pathétique (his final symphony) premiered in St. Petersburg. It was dedicated to Vladimir Davydov, his lover (and nephew). If you need a bit of classical music to focus today, I recommend giving it a listen.
- When Masculinity Fails Men – An amusing and serious speculation on what it means to be a man. From miserlyoldman.
- So You Know, This Is How to Incubate Baby Cephalopods in a Soda Bottle – Neat! And cute!
- Darwin inspired Hitler: Lies they teach in Texas – Sometimes, homeschooling seems like a great place for a secular education.
- A Mighty Girl Halloween: 50 Mighty Girls in Costume – It’s not too late to try one of these costumes! From Andy.
- Is Funeral Home Chain SCI’s Growth Coming at the Expense of Mourners? – What you don’t know about the funeral industry. (I’m not so sure I want my loved ones’ remains to have shareholders.)
- Tiny the Pterodactyl and the Gender Ideology of Halloween – Tiny is a female Pterodactyl, but dinosaurs are for boys, so …
- The dangerous transphobia of Roald Dahl’s “Matilda” – Interesting perspective on how ingrained transphobia is in society.