On October 23, 1850, the first National Women’s Rights Convention met in Worcester, Massachusetts. For everyone not in New England (or regular England), that is pronounced like “WUS-ter,” not “wor-ches-ter.” Also, different from “WOO-ster” in Ohio.
- What Does Domestic Violence Have To Do With This Blog? Everything – Domestic violence and the portrayal of women as weak or small. Trigger warnings, of course. From Petr.
- An Open Letter to Feminist Trolls – From Amy.
- Justin Aclin on ‘S.H.O.O.T. FIRST’ and Battling the Supernatural with Weaponized Atheism – “Rather than fighting the monsters on their own supernatural terms, the Secular Humanist Occult Obliteration Taskforce battles exactly the monsters they don’t believe in, gunning them down with guns powered by anger and atheism.” From Jac.
- Call for help: please speak out about this joint harassment of a young trans girl by TERFs and the religious right, in unholy alliance – From Melanie.
- On the Critique of Science in Film – In case you missed this missive from Neil DeGrasse Tyson about his recent critiques of Gravity. From mrmisconception.
- Complex brains evolved much earlier than previously thought, 520-million-year-old fossilized arthropod confirms – Neat! From miserlyoldman.
- Axes of Evil: What happens when a grown woman wears Axe fragrance for an entire week? – At first I thought “nothing good,” but that’s not true. From Amy.
BONUS: This comic about shaming the body shamers, from Cat.