On October 16, 1869, the Cardiff Giant, an allegedly petrified-corpse of a giant, was “discovered.” Of course, it was all a hoax, but the backstory is pretty interesting.
- UW female professors building a culture for engineering – “The University of Washington has seen steady growth in the number of women in engineering and science faculty positions since it received a national grant to help boost the numbers.” From Jacob V.
- The Pig-Man Hunts of New Haven – I subscribe to this daily-literature list and I thought I would share. Enjoy!
- 18-foot, serpent-like sea creature found off California – OMG IT’S NESSIE. From Amy.
- What Is ‘Evil’ to Google? – Turns out, when you don’t define “evil,” you can play a little with the definition.
- Secular Woman Membership Awards – The actual awards were made by our own Surly Amy!
- Study: Low Fast Food Wages Cost Taxpayers $7 Billion Per Year.
- Christian Louboutin’s ‘nude’ shoes reclaim the word for non-white skin – Ah, finally a designer understands the annoyance of “nude” meaning only one shade of beige. From Daniela.
- Handy Dating Tips for Teens From 1946 – With a bonus video!