Skepchick Quickies 9.27
- Lakota grandmothers capture neo-Nazi flag – This happened during a protest against the neo-Nazi takeover of a tiny North Dakota town.
- A rant about GTAV – “In a sandbox game where I can choose what to wear…I still can’t choose whether or not to be a sexist asshole. And that’s an issue for me.” And it just gets better from there. From Greg.
- Woman allowed to name son Messiah – From Kerry.
- Twin cities Pride parade can’t bar distribution of Bibles – From Ray.
- Cute Animal Friday! From nowoo, 35 gorgeous National Geographic photos of animals. From Paul, 14 baby pandas in one crib! And via birdchick, a grumpy looking ringed plover.
If we start calling Rockstar’s depiction of men misandry will it go away? I just think of Bonnie McFarlane from Red Dead Redemption and how she wouldn’t have looked out of place in a feminist work. Then you started meeting male characters and every time a man was on the screen it was like “herp derp I’m a racist what doesn’t respect women!” They were horrible caricatures, and after a while it became jarring when someone started talking like a human being.
I once interviewed for a job there, and despite the dog-friendly environs, the classic arcade cabinets, and fun décor, I immediately kinda felt that I wasn’t the type of gamer that belonged there.
You must log in to post a comment.