On September 23, 1889, Nintendo Koppai was founded. (Double check that year–you read that right!) They continued to operate for the next 70 years as a playing card company.
- The Conservative Case For Welfare Reform Suffers Massive Blow Via Cato Institute Study – If you know anything about the Cato Institute, you know that you must read this op-ed for the takedown of their latest “study”. From Rebecca
- A Fantastically Clear, Concise Explanation of Why Traffic Happens – I despise drivers that don’t get the “zipper merge” concept after the tolls.
- Attempt to export nearly-extinct pygmy sloths sets off international incident in Panama – Save the sloths! From Megan.
- Youngest Kid, Smartest Kid? – The practice of delaying your child from starting Kindergarten (so that they have some sort of tactical advantage over the younger kids) may have the opposite effect that some parents intend. (Also, I am confused that they refer to it as “redshirting”.)
- A Year of Incredible Space Photos: Royal Observatory’s Winning Images – oooOOOOoooooOOOooohhh!
- Is This Asteroid Apocalypse Viral TV Ad Fact or Fake? – I know this is old, but I just saw it. Please oh please never let me be the victim of one of these pranks.