Skepchick Light the Night Team
It’s Kickoff Week for the Foundation Beyond Belief’s Light the Night walks, with proceeds going to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to fund cancer research and treatment. FBB has all sorts of incentives for individuals joining a Light the Night walk by September 22. Check out the details here.
If you can’t do the walk yourself, you can donate to our virtual Skepchick team. Elyse Anders and Courtney Caldwell, from Skepchick Events, will be doing the Dallas walk in late October, plus we’re offering our own incentives if you donate via our team page.
- For every $1,000 we raise, I will create superhero likenesses of and for 5 kids with cancer using Hero Machine (like the ones I did for SkepchickCon volunteers). If you’d like to nominate someone to receive one, send me an email (skepchickevents [at] gmail.com).
- When we reach $2,500, Anne Sauer from Mad Art Lab will design a custom nonalcoholic warm beverage and share the recipe with all of us!
- If we raise $5,000, Brian G from Mad Art Lab will draw a mash-up masterpiece that has to integrate ALL of your suggestions, no matter how unrelated. (We’ll do a post where you can suggest in the comments.) The original will then be auctioned off, with all proceeds going to LLS.
- At $7,500, I will dress up as a stormtrooper and do my laundry at a public laundromat, with pics to prove it.
- At $10,001, Elyse will spend an entire day out in public, running errands, while wearing a shirt with HERO on it as well as all her race medals (6) around her neck, with pics to prove it.
Why $10,001? Well, apparently Freethought Blogs also has a virtual team going, and their goal is $10,000. Per the Bob Barker Accord of 1981, we have no choice but to make our goal $10,001. Also: Every dollar counts.
We’re brainstorming lots more incentives on the Skepchick Network back channel (which we’ll post next week) because this is a really important cause. Not only can we make a difference in the lives of people with blood cancer but we can donate knowing that our money goes to science-based approaches.
If you can spare even one dollar, it adds up. Please donate today.
You must log in to post a comment.