On August 21, 1945, physicist Harry K. Daghlian, Jr., accidentally fatally irradiated himself while trying to build a neutron reflector at Los Alamos National Laboratory. It’s sad that he is apparently well known for the accident that caused his demise, but it did lead to more safety regulations in the nuclear industry.
- #DrPhilQuestions – After Dr. Phil tweets to ask if it is OK to “have sex with” a drunk girl (tweet has since been deleted but screencapped), this hashtag was created to answer all of life’s obvious questions. From Amy.
- Mark Ruffalo Sends an Awesome Pro-Choice Message in Mississippi – Clearly the headline should be HULK SMASH PATRIARCHY!
- 5 Terrifying Statements in the Leaked Climate Report – You already knew this would have bad news, didn’t you?
- Female Celebrities Still Can’t Break Through the Glass Ceiling of Voice-over Work – Related: Has anyone seen In a World… yet?
- Supreme Error: North Carolina’s new voter suppression law shows why the Voting Rights Act is still necessary – All I have to say is :-O.
- Why Doesn’t Medical Care Get Better When Doctors Rest More? – “Instead of beginning [the shift] by asking who the sickest patient is, we now ask which resident needs to leave.”