On July 8, 1947, reporters broadcasted that there was a UFO crash in Roswell, New Mexico. I still find it fun to read all about the “investigations” and such, and admit it, you watched Alien Autopsy (hosted by Jonathan Frakes).
- Laws: Labour’s sexist suicide mission – “One of the great problems with being a white, middle-aged male in New Zealand is that you are never cool, never in vogue and never given a fair go.” Aww, sad-emoticon-with-an-asterisk-tear! Welp, I’m off to watch some White Entertainment Television (er, I mean, regular television). From Capri.
- The Loneliness of the Empty Nest – I know the ending is supposed to be hopeful, but I find it depressing that the couple’s solution to a happy marriage is to live apart.
- Wine-tasting: it’s junk science – I know I’ve read all about this, but I swear that I still like reds better than whites. What do you think? From Donnie.
- Guy dressed as Darth Vader runs Death Valley in 129-degree heat – Hahaha, this made my day.
- Atomic Van der Waals force measured for the first time – Neat! From miserlyoldman.
- State Senator Makes a Fashion Statement – “…hardly anyone commented on the rest of Ms. Davis’s outfit (including a dress identified by Fashionista as Erdem). In politics, that may be one small step for womankind.” Seriously? Woo hoo, progress! Oh wait, SHOES AND YOGURT, GIRLFRIENDZ! From Moniqa.
- What happened when I started a feminist society at school – Same shit, different group of women. From Margie.
BONUS: Harry Potter’s Diagon Alley Is Now on Google Street View. I want to live there (in the fictional world, of course).