On July 31, 1930, the radio program The Shadow aired for the first time. Although personally, I’m more of a fan of Suspense. It’s especially creepy if you’re listening to it after dark, driving anywhere in the American Midwest.
- For Female Scientists, There’s No Good Time to Have Children – Nobody should have to choose between being a parent and having a career outside the home.
Atheist Women Leaders Surprisingly Not Hard to Find – And there’s a nice shout-out to our own Surly Amy!
- A breakthrough in cryptography could thwart a favorite attack of hackers – This one’s for my techgeek friends.
- Our autism-phobia: When my daughter failed to meet a developmental milestone, I realized how anxious parents these days have become – What do you think about this?
- “Camp Gyno” Ad Is An Amazing Breakthrough In Tampon Advertising – “It’s like I’m Joan, and their vag is the Arc.” Hahah! From Desiree.
- MIT Releases Its Report on Aaron Swartz Prosecution – Spoiler alert: MIT cleared it’s own name.
- Prepare to Be Shocked! What happens when you actually click on one of those “One Weird Trick” ads? – This person totally read my thoughts.
- The 10 worst Fox News interviews of the decade – You just have to laugh sometimes, or else you’ll cry.