On July 15, 1983, the Nintendo Entertainment System was first released in Japan. Confession: I used to “cheat” at Duck Hunt by putting the gun controller against the screen.
- I understood gender discrimination once I added “Mr.” to my resume and landed a job – This stuff astounds me. What is going on in the head of the average resume reviewer? From Darrin.
- It’s Amazing to Be a Working Mom in France—Unless You Want a Job – This is not the first time I’ve heard of women in Europe having a hard time getting a job (or being promoted) because they have or may have children. Have you experienced this?
- Iowa’s All-Male Supreme Court: Firing Of Woman For Being Too Attractive Was Legal – From Arturo.
- Escaped From the Asylum! – “Bottom-of-the-barrel creature features. Topless-teen comedies. ‘Mockbuster’ rip-offs. In Burbank, California, one low-budget studio cranks out whatever Netflix wants.”
- Hubble telescope spots azure blue planet where it rains glass – Yay, I love news about space! From Anna.
- George Zimmerman On FOX NEWS “It Was God’s Plan For Me To Kill Trayvon Martin” – I’m so sorry to post this. But it happened. From Amy.
- Anime Expo responds to sexual harassment in a responsible manner – I haven’t been monitoring anything else about this but so far it looks like they’re not fucking around! From Heina.
- When Choirs Sing, Many Hearts Beat As One – Neat!
- Changing The Creepy Guy Narrative – “How being a writer helped me rewrite a sexist trope…for real.” From Elyse.
- My Guide Dog Is A Genius – A book review by one of my favorite guest posters, Chris Hofstader. From Amy.
EXTRA: Did anyone see Pacific Rim this weekend? And if so, would you recommend it?