On June 26, 1870, Christmas was officially declared a federal holiday in the United States. The next day, the secret atheist cabal declared war on it, terrorizing good Christians around the country. Muhaha!
- The Gospel According to Hadley – A book review for Hadley Freeman’s Be Awesome: Modern Life for Modern Ladies. And check out the Skepchick shout-out at the end! From Sander.
- Supreme Court strikes down part of Voting Rights Act – Dear SCOTUS, why do you have to bring me down? From miserlyoldman.
- An Astonishing Graph of the Voting Rights Act’s Influence—in Justice Roberts’ Own Opinion – A followup to the previous article–with a table!
- Top Medicare Prescribers Rake In Speaking Fees From Drugmakers – Ever notice how everything in the doctor’s office is branded?
- Barton Rewords Some of His Lies – A Christian Nation “Historian” is caught editing and rewording his own videos to make himself seem like less of a dishonest hack. From CriticalDragon1177.
- Want to get the next Facebook update before anyone else? Move to New Zealand – Aw man, I’d live in New Zealand for this. That, and Flight of the Conchords.
- Sodomy hazing leaves 13-year-old victim outcast in Colorado town – Fucking horrible. I can’t even. Trigger warning for descriptions of assault. From Will.
- Why Tipping Should Be Outlawed – What are your thoughts on this? I would totally just pay more for things if I didn’t have to tip anymore.
BONUS: Slate’s analysis of Mad Men’s Season 6. (I don’t know about you, but l always have to read the recaps–I miss so much!)