Happy Juneteenth! On June 19, 1865, slaves in Galveston, Texas, were informed of their freedom. It only took two years after the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation.
- RIP, American Dream? Why It’s So Hard for the Poor to Get Ahead Today – Apparently the best way to get rich is to already be rich.
- The Art of the Trailer – How the movie trailer sausage is made. (In your mind you just heard, “In A World …”)
- Serena Williams calls rape victim ‘lucky’ – But rape culture is a myth, right? From koberulez.
- North via South: Life on the Altiplano – I love photo collections like this. Welcome to Bolivia.
- This Is Not Fucking Harmless – A Kickstarter to fund what is basically a manual on how to
seducerape women. There are only a couple of hours left to report it before it’s funded, ugh. From Heina.
- The Myth That Rape Rarely Causes Pregnancy Comes From Nazi Experiments – …wow. Ugh.
- That Doesn’t Make Sense – Here’s something you don’t see enough: a funny music video about atheism! From Whitney.
- Caffeine Withdrawal is a Thing – “Caffeine Intoxication” is described in the newest version of the DSM. (I can quit anytime I want, honest.)