On May 8, 1980, the World Health Organization officially recognized the eradication of smallpox.
- Psychic Who Said Amanda Berry Was Dead Silent After Berry Is Found Alive – Hey, guess what. Sylvia Browne is a total fucking asshole. From Paul.
- Solving Equation of a Hit Film Script, With Data – The algorithms behind movie-making (and the death of creativity?).
- Gullible Men’s Rights Redditors fooled by fake Jezebel article arguing that paternity fraud is “one way to break the rule of fathers.” – From CriticalDragon1177.
- This Ad Has a Secret Anti-Abuse Message That Only Kids Can See – I love clever ads like this. From Smashley.
- NRA Vendor Sells Ex-Girlfriend Target That Bleeds When You Shoot It – Major trigger warning for anyone sensitive to domestic violence and misogynism. Sent in by multiple people.
- Diabetic High School Girl Beaten by Police Officer and Arrested — For Falling Asleep in Class – From Jack99.
- Last of a Breed: Postal Workers Who Decipher Bad Addresses – This is a neat story and I like to end on a positive note.
BONUS: Princess Monster Truck. I’m a sucker for uniquely-adorable cats!