On May 22, 1826, the HMS Beagle departed for its first voyage. If the name sounds familiar, it’s because this is the ship that carried Charles Darwin (albeit on the second voyage) and he wrote a book about it called The Voyage of the Beagle.
- How Close Is This Star Trek Tech? – The science and fiction of the latest Star Trek movie. (If you’ve seen it, leave your opinions in the comments!) From CriticalDragon1177.
- You Are Less Beautiful Than You Think – A fascinating followup to the Dove campaign.
- Statement of Objection to Center for Inquiry CEO Ron Lindsay’s Actions Regarding Feminism – From Heina.
- 9 Questions That Atheists Might Find Insulting (And the Answers) – From Michael. Related: the Wolf Blitzer incident (although I thought the woman handled herself wonderfully). From Amy.
- Inhofe: Tornado aid ‘totally different’ from Hurricane Sandy aid – The difference is that in this case, his state is the one that needs the money. Classic.
- Who’s Your Daddy? The perils of personal genomics – First sentence: “First Jackie learned her brother Alex was her uncle. Then things got a little weird.” What!
- Girl Expelled For Science Experiment Has Criminal Charges Dropped, Is Now Going To Space Camp – From Amy.
- Surprise, Surprise: Hollister Discriminates Against the Disabled.
- Braco to cast silent healing gaze in Boulder Wednesday, Thursday – Wow, how come I’ve never heard of this guy before now? From Stacey.
- 2013 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest – I love these photo collections. Numbers 7, 8, and 11 are my favorites (and number 24 is adorable!). Number 30 is totally that scene from The Lion King.
BONUS: How to bully God (from Zoltan).