Skepchick Quickies 5.17
- Fun fabulous female funeral directors wanted – I want to be this fabulous female’s friend, this video is hilarious. Here’s the casting call she references. From Hayden.
- Transgender Studies Quarterly Kickstarter – “TSQ: Transgender Studies Quarterly will be the journal of record for the vibrant, rapidly evolving interdisciplinary field of Transgender Studies–and you can be part of its groundbreaking debut in 2014.” The opportunity to help an academic journal get off the ground is really nerdily exciting to me.
- Bollywood’s culture of rape – “Rapes in Bollywood films used to be part of the formula, and while they’ve dropped out of scripts in the last decade, many feel the films still present women as passive sex objects.” From Jack99.
- Clothes I’m forced to wear in the majority of MMORPG’s – Love these drawings and really the whole blog is a gold mine.
- What the treatment of Meggan Lambesis tells us about violence, victim-blaming, and silence – Her husband tried to have her killed. But because her husband is a famous musician, she is being vilified as an “evil-ex” who had it coming. From Gregory.
- Cute Animal Friday! Red wolf pups saved from deadly virus. Big cats love boxes, too. Grad student and her service dog graduate together.
I ? Big Cat Rescue, and Ask a Mortician, she’s hilarious.
I watch a lot of Kung Fu movies, and I have to say there is a really disturbing amount of rape in those as a motivator too. I find myself skipping those scenes to get back to the spinning star kicks.
I want all those big cats to come live with me, though I suppose they’d probably eat me.
It’s not really so much as clothing as it is bits of fabric somehow wafted along by a breeze landed on your MMORPG avatar.
You must log in to post a comment.