On this day in 1897, the Aurora UFO Incident (in Texas) occurred. Surprise ending: the story is most likely a hoax. In a related story, “UFO enthusiasts admit the truth may not be out there after all.”
- My lucky day: the view from mile 22 – One woman’s account of the kindness of people after the Boston Marathon explosions. From The Edge.
- 5 Basic Facts of Life (Were Made Up by Marketing Campaigns) – From Veronica.
- To Attract More Girls to STEM, Bring More Storytelling to Science – Also, more experiments should involve glitter and the color pink. What’s your opinion of this article? From Michael.
- The Case for Teaching Kids ‘Vagina,’ ‘Penis,’ and ‘Vulva’ – Hell, even some adults don’t even know what a vulva is.
- “We’re the No. 1 Threat to Women!”: The feminist comedy of Louis C.K. – I can’t think of what to say, I’m too happy. From nowoo.
BONUS: A little Todd Rundgren to start your day with.