On March 4, 1933, Frances Perkins became the first female member of the US Cabinet (appointed by FDR) as the Secretary of Labor.
- Scientists Report First Cure of HIV In A Child, Say It’s A Game-Changer – As the article mentions, there is still a lot of development and research that needs to go into this. From Amy.
- Rhymes With Runt: How did the C-word become such an offensive insult?
- Company removes ‘rape’ shirt listed on Amazon – They were print-on-demand shirts, so there is no stock, but still. From Elyse.
- How Long Can the NFL Get Away with Asking Future Employees if They’re Gay?
- That’s my boy!…I’m fairly certain. – A cute story about a mom who lets her son dress like a fairy. From Diana.
- The Rape of Petty Officer Blumer: Inside the military’s culture of sex abuse, denial and cover-up – Trigger warning for description of rape.
- BONUS: Dutch Baby Pancakes!