On February 20, 1872, the Metropolitan Museum of Art opened in New York City. (I’ve visited it before, but my favorite museum is the MOMA.)
- Family Members in Need: Why Some Middle Class Blacks Can’t Get Ahead.
- University of Colorado Advises Women to Vomit or Urinate to Stop Rapists – From Heina.
- Men and Women Use Uptalk Differently: A Study of Jeopardy!
- The 15th-Century Equivalent of Your Cat Walking on Your Keyboard – Aww! From 9bar.
- Hilary Mantel v Kate: a story of lazy journalism and raging hypocrisy – A completely misunderstood criticism of British media and society. You have to read this.
- Taoiseach’s voice breaks as he delivers apology to Magdalene women – From Jonathan.
- The Recline and Fall of Western Civilization – The morality of reclining your seat in an airplane.
- Prince’s charity lobbied government to water down homeopathy criticism – That would be Prince Charles, not the singer. From Zoltan.
- BONUS LINK. (My favorite entree would be the “Captain Beefheart,” but they’re all pretty fantastic.)