According to Wikipedia, this is what happened on January 16th, 378: “General Fire is Born conquers Tikal, enlarging the domain of King Spearthrower Owl of Teotihuacán.” I thought that was a pretty awesome sentence (plus, Mayan history is neat), so I’m going to leave it like that.
- Scientists hail ‘potential cure for AIDS’ – Although this has not been tested in animal models yet, so who knows. From Jack99.
- This man helped save six children, is now getting harassed for it – The Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists have got to stop, this is maddening already. From CriticalDragon1177.
- The Executive Order the NRA Should Fear the Most
- Oxnard educator with porn past found unfit to teach – The lesson we want our kids to learn is that there is no such thing as a second chance, clearly. For doing something that’s not even illegal. What are your thoughts? From Jack L.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- How 19-year-old activist Zack Kopplin is making life hell for Louisiana’s creationists – From CriticalDragon1177.
- Dead Island Riptide’s Zombie Bait Edition includes 12″ statue of decapitated bikini babe – Ew. From Paul.
- The High Price of Being Single in America