On December 17th, 1790, anthropologists discovered the Aztec Calendar Stone. There aren’t any Doomsday Predictions associated with it that I am aware of, but just give it time.
- Minister orders anti-vaccination group to change its name – Is it just me or have I been reading a ton of awesome stories about Australia recently? From Amy.
- Dentists concerned over Bundaberg fluoride opt-out – From Jack99.
- Exclusive: Volcano Time Bomb – This video is awesome and scary.
- Calif. judge says victims’ body can prevent rape – You’ve probably seen this by now. Still, UGH. From Cerberus40.
- Investigation Looks for ‘Muslim Bias’ in Texas Schools, Finds Christian Bias Instead (So It’s Not Biased, Of Course) – From CriticalDragon1177.
- The New Yorker’s Best Books of 2012 – Add your pick in the comments!
- Prison rape: Is the US doing enough to protect inmates? – From Robert C.
- Michigan cousins go after crayfish, hook a mastodon – And they’re only 11! From Kammy.