Happy Columbus Day, everyone! I hope you’re enjoying your three day weekend. Unless you’re unfortunate like me and you don’t get the day off. In which case, Happy Monday! Try to pretend that the reason your commute was less busy is because everyone else just got to work really early. (For a more serious discussion on how Columbus affected the world, pick up a copy of 1493.)
- Atheism’s growing pains – “As the movement matures and becomes more politically engaged, deep divisions are emerging. That’s a good thing.” From Tristan D.
- No, you’re not entitled to your opinion – From Elyse.
- Girl Talk – Architect Barbie and the gender gap. From Donna.
- Most Retracted Scientific Papers Are Pulled Due To Fraud
- Sacre Bleu! French Bees’ Taste For M&Ms Makes For Colored Honey – Be sure to click on the link at the bottom of the post to see the red honey.
- The Redemption of Sinead O’Connor – I’m not sure why I’m fascinated by the story, I just am.
- Republican Lawmaker Says Evolution Is a Lie “Straight From the Pit of Hell” – Just in case you haven’t seen this yet. Also, he serves on the House Science Committee.