I know today is October 22, but I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that yesterday, October 21, Paul Kurtz passed away. In a description from the American Atheists’ Facebook page, he was ” […] the father of modern secular humanism, the founder of the Center for Inquiry, of the Council for Secular Humanism and many other important organizations, author of many key books, a highly honored philosopher and professor emeritus at the University of Buffalo, the creator of Free Inquiry, a good friend and great man […] .”
- Let My Daughter Roughhouse – The gender socialization of babies and toddlers. From Bug.
- Freed Pussy Riot Band Member Takes Case to European Court – From Donna.
- The 20 Weirdest Religious Beliefs – Find out if you know which belief goes with which religion! From CriticalDragon1177.
- Malala Yousafzai status updates – She’s on a long road to recovery, but at least it’s a start. From Elyse.
- Missouri Pastor Speaks Out About His Viral Speech on Gay Rights – You’ve probably seen his speech by now (the video is at the link), so here is an update.
- What We Learn When Professorly d00ds Take to Facebook… – Apparently female neuroscientists aren’t up to his standards. There is a helpful link to his picture if you want to see what you’re missing out on, ladies. From Bug.