Skepchick Quickies 10.11
- Bullied teen sparkles at homecoming – She was nominated as a joke, but decided to still participate in homecoming to stand up against the bullying. Here’s some more back story from CNN. From Ginger.
- My feminism will be intersectional or it will be bullshit – If you love an eloquent, impassioned rant as much as I do you should absolutely read this post at Tiger Beatdown. From Absinthia.
- Jane Austen meets neuroscience – Reading a good, immersive book has positive effects on your brain.
- Rape victim shocked when court ordered her computer records – From Donnie.
- Humble Indie E-Book Bundle – You may be familiar with the gaming version of this charitable project, and now they have a version for bookworms. And look, they include women authors!
That’s really something about the rape victim.
Glad the attacker is doing time and that the victim is able to move on with life and be a inspiration to other victims.
Definately a story to be shared with others.
Yes, 25 years is a great result.
The article was a bit vague about how they went about avoiding the obfustication of the defence lawyers.
Bloody lawyers can bog down anything with irrelevancies.
Did they just ignore the court order and hope for a sympathetic magistrate? Risky!
Still, that sets a great precedent, not only for rape victims, but for anybody who may fall foul of new developing internet law.
By which I mean, FI, in Oz the Govt plans to have all ISPs keep a complete record of all URLs, emails etc for 2 years minimum.
This has the potential that any case could develop into the legal equivalent of a philibuster.
Meaning that any company or individual with a deep pocket will win eventually. Which is how it is now anyway. Bastards!
You might want to note that the TigerBeatdown article “My feminism will be intersectional or it will be bullshit” is from 2011. I.e., over a year old.
It’s not obvious unless you look carefully at the dates.
I was about to add some comments until I noticed that.
drat, I feel like an idjit – I checked the first part of the date and saw Oct. 10 and I guess I just skimmed over the rest. My apologies.
You must log in to post a comment.