On September 5th, 1666, the Great Fire of London finally stopped. It had raged on for four days, destroying thousands of homes and 87 parish churches. The record states that only 6 people were killed but it was likely more than that because some people were probably completely cremated and the deaths of non-rich people generally weren’t recorded. You can read more about that here.
- The Duggars Aren’t Just a Family, They’re a Cult – An interesting analysis of the Duggar family life.
- The Stories Behind 20 Muppet Favorites
- The Woman Who Needed to Be Upside-Down – A man walked into an ER holding a woman by her ankles in order to keep her alive. This is not a joke.
- ALAN JONES: Women are ‘destroying the joint’ – In a very Limbaugh-esque moment, a broadcaster declares that he thinks women should not be in politics. From Tash.
- Obama and Romney Tackle 14 Top Science Questions – Spoiler alert: Romney mentions a “lack of scientific consensus” with regards to Global Warming. From Mark H.