Nostalgia time! On September 26, 1991, the first mission of Biosphere II started. If you’re not familiar with it (and if you avoided certain movies starring Pauly Shore), it’s a giant enclosed ecosystem where scientists lived for a period of time. There were many scientific and psychological implications, you should read more about it.
- Christians have crosses, Jews have stars and atheists have … what, exactly? – A story on non-religious jewelry that includes our Surly Amy!
- Why You Hate Cyclists – The science of confirmation bias. From Madfishmonger.
- Creepshots and revenge porn: how paparazzi culture affects women – I’ve never understood why a woman not wearing underwear is a bigger story than a whole industry of photographers who are paid to angle their cameras up women’s skirts. Also, the point of the pictures is not sexiness but lack of consent, which is really disturbing. From Donnie.
- Injured bald eagle gets new 3-D printed beak – Aww! From A.
- Meeting A Troll – One man gets the opportunity to confront the person responsible for saying the most vile things about him and his family.
- Citizens United accounts for 78% of 2012 election spending, study shows – I am so not surprised by this.