On this day in 2008, the Large Hadron Collider booted up for the first time. Ever since then the world has been driven into chaos by the mad scientists who control the tiny black holes! Wait, oh, nevermind.
- Secularists are not atheists – I don’t think atheists should be excluded from the secular movement just because people don’t like us, but the article does make a good point about distinguishing the two terms. From CriticalDragon1977.
- The Great Geek Sexism Debate – A nice summary of the struggles within various geek groups (ours included). From Mark H.
- Science and Archaeopteryx Overcome Creationism in South Korea – Goooo Science! From Paul.
- “They Won’t Magically Turn You Into A Lustful Cockmonster”: Chris Kluwe Explains Gay Marriage To The Politician Who Is Offended By An NFL Player Supporting It – From Mark H.
- Behold, the Toothbrush That Just Saved the International Space Station – Try to not get the MacGyver theme song in your head.
- 5 Ways the Stanford Study Sells Organics Short – What are your thoughts about the study and this response?