On August 8th, 1576, the cornerstone for the Danish astronomical observatory Uraniborg was laid on Hven (now a small Swedish island). The research institute was operated by Tycho Brahe, an astronomer known for his remarkably accurate work (and epic mustache). Kepler was Brahe’s assistant and used his data to develop his own astronomical theories.
- The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia
- How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking – You have probably seen this by now, but just in case you haven’t, this is why you need to enable two-step verification on your Google account.
- Hospital Chain Inquiry Cited Unnecessary Cardiac Work – HCA, the largest for-profit hospital system in the US, discovered that some of its doctors (I use the term loosely) were performing unnecessary procedures on patients to drive up profits.
- Your Favorites: 100 Best-Ever Teen Novels
- The Most Viewed Photo of All Time – You’ve definitely seen it.
- Marketing Language: “Wraps” vs. “Tortillas” – What a difference a synonym can make.
- Carl Sagan’s Message to the Future Explorers of Mars