On August 20th, 1858, Charles Darwin published his theory of evolution through natural selection. Even though he had developed the theory some 20 years prior, he was famously pushed into publishing because Alfred Russel Wallace decided to publish his own theory of natural selection.
- Wife Swap Beavers Shatter Illusions – The story of Christian & Trude & Eoghann & Elaine (bonus points if you get the reference). From bug_girl.
- Charles Darwin’s List of the Pros and Cons of Marriage
- The Woman Who Would Save Football – Dr. Ann McKee, chief neuropathologist at the VA, is studying the impact of multiple collisions on the brain. Definitely worth a read even if you don’t like sports.
- Ann Romney: “Why Should Women Be Paid Equal To Men?” –
Ann Romney is so dense, I think her brain is actually a black hole.The joke’s on me, I posted the link before reading the disclaimer. Oops! From Brad.
- Amazing Buildings Devoured by Sand – From Bosko.
- How Big is Infinity? An Animated TED Talk
- Which Profession Drinks the Most Coffee? – Yes! We’re #1, go science!
- The Single Most Important Object in the Global Economy – An ode to the pallet.