July 30th is the birthday of Regnier de Graaf (1641 – 1673), a Dutch anatomist who made several important contributions to reproductive biology. He was the first to describe the reproductive function of the Fallopian tube and its role in infertility, and he also invented the syringe.
- Does Pop Sound Louder, Dumber, and More and More the Same? One Study Says So – I wonder if someone has done a study on that thing where pop singers have to sing 5o notes in rapid succession in every song?
- 5 Medical Innovations of the Civil War
- Mars Curiosity rover success depends on ‘crazy’ landing
- An Ant That Protects Herself with Venomous Butt Foam – The pictures are actually beautiful, in a gross way.
- Greenland Ice Melt Rate From 40% to 97% in 2012
- The Kennecott Mines: Abandoned Alaskan Boomtown – Haunting photos of a ghost town built in the 1900’s on a massive copper ore.
- Prominent climate-change denier now admits he was wrong